American Networks & Technologies, Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”) provides a variety of services that enable users to learn about, purchase, use, manage and maintain our products, and to access and exchange ideas, tips, information and techniques related to our devices, products and services, including through mobile applications, and cloud-based services (collectively, the “Services”).
1. Information Collected By Us
User Provided Information. When using our Services, you may provide to us certain information by which someone could personally identify you such as your name, email address, mailing address, or other contact information (“Personally Identifiable Information”), as well as information about yourself such as your power usage, browser type, webpages of our Services that you access, or Internet Protocol address, by which someone could not personally identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”).
Usage Data. As described in this section, we may automatically collect certain information when you use our devices and other Services (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes any information that your devices and web browser send to our servers automatically. The Usage Data that we collect may include information such as your device data, sensor data, device signals, device parameters, device identifiers that may uniquely identify your devices, web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your devices or browser. In addition, we may automatically collect location information (including latitude and longitude), performance data, motion data, temperature data, power usage data, and any data or signals collected by the devices as part of the Usage Data. We do not collect the contents of any communications that pass through our devices or Services.
Support Data. We may collect certain support data when you submit a support request, including information about your hardware, software and other information related to your support requirements. We will use this support data to resolve your support incident and for training and product development purposes.
Mobile Application Data. When you download any mobile application, we may receive a unique identifier or information about your location.
2. The Way We Use Information
In general we use the information we collect related to the Services as follows:
• Providing the Services. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information, Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Usage Data (together, “User Information”) to operate, maintain and provide the features and functionality of a Service and for related business purposes.
• Communicating with You. We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you marketing emails. You may opt out of such marketing messages by following the opt out instructions in any marketing email we send you. Even if you opt out of marketing emails we may still use your email address to send you non-marketing or administrative emails, such as to notify you of important changes to our Services or policies or for customer service purposes.
• Other Business Uses. We also may use your User Information to (1) understand how users access and use our Services on an aggregate and individualized basis, to improve the quality and design of our Services, and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends; (2) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our Services; (3) provide you with custom, personalized content and information; (4) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; (5) track your use of our Services; (6) provide custom, personalized data analysis; (7) facilitate the provision of the updates to any applications or services, authenticate our products; (8) verify compliance with these Terms; (9) improve our products and services; and (10) perform other lawful businesses and commercial activities.
3. How We May Disclose Information
We may disclose the information we collect related to the Services as follows:
• Public Information. When you submit or post information in the discussion and public areas of our Services, certain User Information (such as your username, number of posts, and reputation and avatar information) will be shared with other users of the Services or with the general public. You may, by using applicable parts of the Services, publicly share your User Information, including Personally Identifiable Information. Please see “Public Information” below.
• Usage Data. We may provide Usage Data to our customers, in connection with the Services which those customers use. For example, our customers may include network providers or operators; we may disclose Usage Data to these customers in connection with the products and devices that are deployed over these customers’ networks. The treatment of Usage Data by these third-parties is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this one. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of those third parties.
• Aggregate or De-identified Data. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including Usage Data (such as anonymous or aggregate user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, etc.), with certain third-parties to assist such third-parties in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services and/or functionality with respect to our Services. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third-parties for marketing, research, or similar purposes.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of the assets of one of our business activities are transferred to another company, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable or delete cookies altogether. Some features of the Services may not function with cookies disabled.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Local Storage Objects (“LSOs”), including Flash LSOs, to store your preferences and to personalize your visit to our site and use of our Services. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use web beacons (a.k.a., clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website and mobile application to, among other things, track the activities of users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third-party service providers may also use web beacons in HTML emails to our customers, to help track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third-Party Tracking. Our Website currently does not honor “Do Not Track” browser signals. However, we do not track user movements across our site and third-party sites, nor do we permit third-parties to track Personally Identifiable Information about users across our Website and third-party sites.
5. Your Choices
Marketing Communications. We may share your information with our affiliates who may use the information your provide us to send you promotional emails. Consistent with federal CANSPAM laws, you may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions contained in any marketing email we send you. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Profile Information. If you maintain a profile, you may modify your profile information by logging into your account and updating your information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain in our systems, and may also be view able in cached and archived pages of our Website for a period of time. Additionally, if you discontinue using our Services or update your profile information, we may retain the data previously collected about you.
6. Data Security
We believe that we have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account and the information accessible via your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
7. Third-Party Links
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under thirteen (13) years of age, and no part of our Services is directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. If we learn that Personally Identifiable Information of children under thirteen (13) years of age has been collected on or through our Services, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under thirteen (13) years of age has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, then you may alert us at email@example.com, ATTN: Privacy Manager, and request that we delete your child’s Personally Identifiable Information from our systems.
9. Special Note to International Users
10. Public Information
Please note that if you choose to share information about yourself in any discussion or public areas of our Services (such as the Community Forum or review boards on the American Networks & Technologies World Network) we consider that information to be public information. Any personal information that you include in any content submitted or posted when using the public areas of our Services can be viewed by the general public, so please consider this before submitting any such information or content. You are solely responsible for any information, including any Personally Identifiable Information, you disclose on the discussion or public areas of our Services, and any use of such information by any third-parties regardless of whether you permitted or did not permit such use. We cannot control how others use the information that you post to public areas of our Services.
11. Questions, Disputes and Contact Information
If you wish to access, modify or have any dispute regarding your User Information, please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns as follows:
American Networks, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Manager
United States of America
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Date Last Modified